Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 1 August 2019

Alcohol Inks



I watched show yesterday on the Kielty Inks, which are less "smelly" than normal alcohol inks.   As I had some, I thought I would try some of the techniques shown.   Erm .... yes ..... well a bit more practise is needed, but am happy to share my disasters!

I was trying to paint a flower - methinks it looks more like a distorted puffer fish!

I also did a random drop of all the colours of inks, which I have tried before, and it will make a good background behind one of the Clarity dies.   The demo showed adding bit of gold leaf to parts of the inks that were still tacky - I couldn't find my gold leaf - so dropped a few random bits of gilding flakes on.



This was my second attempt at a flower - a tad better (albeit I mucked up the leaves)   I found the ink was drying to quickly on my first attempt, so I added some extender, which helped a bit.    I think my main problem is that I need a bigger straw to blow the ink around, so the next aim is to find a suitable straw and try again.

No comments: