Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 20 October 2019

An Idea Works!


I repainted one of the earlier paintings, and changed it slightly, adding a gate and some birds as well.  I then wanted to change it to fit a circular aperture on some card blanks I had.  I created a custom-sized page in Craft Artist to be slightly bigger than the aperture. 

 I scanned the painting and having imported it into Craft Artist, I resized it to fit, and then used the punch tool in the programme to punch out an image to the size of the aperture.




I got the "punching" slightly wrong for this card, although it is perfectly fine as it is.    I had another little play with adjusting the size of the "page" I was working on, and this time I got a better "punched" image:

Punched image


That was better, I have the tree in on this one; although in both cases, I managed to cut my signature off - I shall rectify that and scan it in again.   The card below was the result of this second attempt.   Now to decide whether to add a sentiment to the actual picture, or just stamp one onto the card.  I might even die-cut a frame for the aperture, but the main thing is the idea worked, and I can change it as I wish.

 . 


No comments: