Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 21 December 2019

A Horde of Penguins

Thanks for popping in - I think I am winning on the Christmas Baking front as they say.  I made a batch of sausage rolls and mince pies, some of which were gluten free.  However, what I wanted to share with you today were the Christmas cakes I have just finished.


All three family cakes

and here they are individually:

8" Royal Iced Cake

8" Sugarpaste Cake

7" sugarpaste cake

Originally I was going to top the cakes with Nordic Gnomes, but having been feeling under the weather, I opted for something simple instead; and for once I decorated all the cakes the same.  I had a production line going when I made them! 

If I had been able to get out I probably would have bought some ribbon to go around them, but I am sure the family won't mind - let's face it you can't eat ribbon.   I also cheated slightly this year, and instead of using cake drums, which would also have required ribbon, I used double thick thin boards at my daughter's suggestion.

No comments: