Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Fabric Painting


My daughter and I had a "play" day last week - rare occurrence these days  We decided to do some fabric painting with some of the kits I had from Pink Ink Designs.

These are my efforts.   First picture shows the mouse fairy in progress, and the next picture is the decoupaged section which is to be added.  It looks a mess in the photo, but when cut out looks entirely different.   The decoupage elements, were also painted with fabric decoupage glue, which when dry stiffens them.


decoupage elements

and here is the finished piece.  I confess I cheated and glued the tiny tiny beads on to the flowers, as I really couldn't see to sew them on!    I may add a bit of embroidery on her dress as some point in the future.  She will then be mounted either in a picture frame or an embroidery hoop.



I also painted this one.  Eventually she too will have some embroidery added, and will be mounted - either in a white frame or an embroidery hoop.





No comments: