Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Accepting a Facebook Challenge

The other day Lou Withers did a live demonstration and challenged us to join her.   We had to take a piece of 12 x 12 paper that we didn't like much and transform it into something completely different.

This was the piece of paper I started with:



As you can see it was a Christmas paper with a pale green/beige background with gingerbread men and stars etc.

This was the finished result:




I started off with three shades of blue acrylic through different stencils.  We then kept adding more paint, using a different colour - I chose red.   Again more paint through stencils, and some stamping with paint.   Then more paint- this time white through another stencil to "knock it back" a tad.   Finally some random stamping with some iridescent orange with stamps and the edge of an old credit card.

Quite a transformation I think you will agree ...... and completely out of my comfort zone.  However, it was fun and occupied me for a couple of hours in this period of isolation for us all.

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

No comments: