Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 22 March 2020

"Japanese Art Journal"


I wasn't quite sure what title to call today's blog.  I ordered this little Art Journal made from Japanese handmade watercolour paper back in January.  There was a hiccup with the order with a delayed despatch, which then somehow got overlooked - so I didn't receive it until this week.   Well I had to play didn't I.  (Fortunately the demonstration was still on catch up, so I could remind myself why I had bought it and what to do! - lol!)

It came with some handmade Japanese papers too - a bit like rice papers, some japanese powdered glue and a waterbrush.

I created some leaves by wetting the paper and tearing them into shapes.   I then painted them with a couple of metallic water colours, and let them dry.  I created a background with water colours, and drew a stem with a micron pen, and then glued the leaves in place.   I added some details with some stamps and went around the edge with the micron pen.



No comments: