Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 16 April 2020

Doodling - Hot Air Balloon



This doodle was done over three days.   On the first day we learned how to draw the basic balloon, and did the top band.  On the second day we did the decoration on the lower band,  and added the basket and learned to do the basket weave.  (Haven't got a photo of that practise).

Finally on DAy 3 we added the two frames, the netting doodle and the landscape detail.   The two outlines of the frames were supposed to have lines drawn in them, but my dodgy eyes couldn't cope with the fine detail work, so I ended up filling them in!





This exercise was quite difficult, in as much as that it had to look like an object (if that makes sense) rather than random doodling as with the flowers and vines etc on yesterday's doodle, but it seems I can sort of draw given a bit of guidance!

I will confess here that I struggled with getting the balloon shape right to start with  (we started with a heart and then converted it).  Well I just couldn't get it right.   I searched the internet for balloon templates and printed one off, but I couldn't see it through the copy paper.  I then had a bright idea - I got out my light box.  Voila! -  I could see the basic shape, and was able to use that and tweak it to fit what I wanted to draw! - success!   Where there is a will there is a way!

No comments: