Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 3 May 2020

Doodling - Geisha (A week of doodling in one go!)


Well it was week 5 of our Doodling Adventure with Clarity Stamps SHAC Shack.   On the first day we learned to draw the Geisha and stone stones in pencil and then inked them it.


Day 2:  We pencilled in the design on the kimono and then inked it in.   She is beginning to get a bit of character now.


Day 3:  We started the Zentangle patterns on the stones.  I got slightly ahead and pencilled in the circle, but you will see from day 4 that I moved it slightly.


 Day 4.   We drew the tree and learned to draw cherry blossom and added more stone (or fields) to the background.


Finally Day 5:   ...  and the end of the week and we put in the sea and the rising/setting sun and started to colour the image with polychromo pencils.  (I am a bit new to polychromos - although I have attempted to use them on parchment - but need more practise.)    

I shall probably do a bit more colouring on the picture, but will use my best colouring pencils, as am more used to shading with them.

It's been an exciting five weeks, and am pleased with what I have achieved so far, having never been able to draw before; but with the guidance of Barbara Gray I can now say I can draw.    I know need to stretch myself and try and draw something without guidance.

Here's to week 6 and Lockdown doodling ....... whatever that will bring.


No comments: