Going Green Blog Background

Monday 1 June 2020

Under the sea box

the start of the underwater scene


I built some MDF boxes and  having seen an underwater theme demonstrated on a different sort of box, and having some sea creature elements in my stash, it seemed the obvious choice.   I applied some blue/green pebeo Dyna paint along thee bottom in a rough wave shape, and added Weathered wood crackle paste. I then applied a darker blue over this, and a lighter blue above the line with a sponge, and added some dark and light splodges to this,  again with a sponge.  Using a stencil I created the bubbles.


finished box
Then it was a chance to play - painting up the various elements and adding some more stencilled images.   I gave the elements a light coating of gesso with a sponge first.

another view
I have still got to decide whether to add some more elements to the box, and perhaps a few more stencilled details to the other two sides.

No comments: