Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Seahorse Plaque


Following on from the seahorses I shared the other day.   I created a plaque to showcase them.   The MDF oval was painted with Kielty porous surface converter to seal it, and then brushed with various shades of mica powder with a little Kielty blending solution added.  A little more of the converter medium was added and the stones applied.  The rim was painted with gesso and glued to the back oval.

Clear resin was then applied ....... however, I had a little problem - the seal between the rim and the back oval was not perfect, and most of the resin ran out!     I added some structure paste to the gap around the outside and then prayed that the original resin coating would create a seal - Phew it did!

I then poured another layer of resin and added some more stones etc, which has created a 3D effect.

No comments: