Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 16 September 2020

A few bits of resin


I had a mega pouring session over a couple of days last week.   It didn't all go to plan, as the resin decided it wasn't going to play nicely .... I don't know why and probably shall never know.    The first batch was still sticky on the top after 24 hours, and had to be left for another 24 hours- and I still wasn't quite happy with it.   I did a second pour and left that for 48 hours - most of the items were ok, but the green man still ha a stick nose - which of course my finger caught!  It still wasn't dry after a further 12 hours.

The coaster was part of the first pour and when I moved it, because it wasn't set - the resin wrinkled!

The body of the large bee was an experiment using a different resin, which was black.  I blocked the wings with some special clay.   However, when I went to add the resin for the wings, it managed to creep under the black resin - it made for a different effect.   (I will probably apply gilding wax eventually, so it won't notice quite so much!.


Close ups of the different items:  large green man (with his dodgy nose) , ickle bee, ickle owl, sunflower, the "iffy" coaster with a dried anemone in it, and the large bee with the double cast of resin.











No comments: