Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 24 September 2020

A Little More Resin - a bit of a catastrophic day!



I decided to try Uncle Bob Christmas again using white resin as a background, as opposed to clear resin with a little liquid white pigment in it.    It was all a bit catastrophic from the start.   I didn't have my glasses with me in the Den - (too lazy to go back down to the house to get them as I thought I could manage! - wrong)   So I didn't realise that I had got some stray red pigment in the wrong place on Uncle Bob.

I then started tomix the resin - the first part went into the plastic cup ok, but when I started to pour part B in - the scales seemed not to be registering properly .... erm yes, well ........ it helps if you don't have a crack in the cup!   Heck there was resin everywhere - all over the scales (yes they are a right off) all over my work table - fortunately covered in plastic.   Mad panic to mop up most of it before it set - the resin I was using was very quick setting - the resin that was still in the cup got chucked out, still in the cup on the garden! (Anybody want a cup shaped block of resin - lol!)  Oh what a mess - although I managed to get most of it mopped u, as I said apart from my little jewellery scales -just as well I had ordered a new larger set on my next Sains order already!


Undeterred, I started again and mae another mix - I don't like the effect of the white resin - regardless of the fact that not having my specs on I couldn't see the dodgy dusting until after it was set.   So you win some you lose some - at least I hadn't lost my expensive clear JenArt resin.



 You can see more clearly on the separate pictures the mess I made of brushing the mica onto uncle bob, and the butterfly wasn't that much better - albeit looks like a piece of old porcelain!  Good job I am not afraid to post my mishaps on my blog !!!!!!

No comments: