Going Green Blog Background

Friday 27 November 2020

Variations on a Theme Birthday Cards


Two cards with a variation on a theme.   I don't often make long narrow cards, so that was a change this time too.  The first one was created with a set of stencils, and the second one was stamped first and then stencilled.

The stencils are layering stencils - so the main layer of flowers was dusted with pink/red shade of Artistry ink.  The second layer was done with yellow, and finally the last layer was the green leaves.   I then added a sentiment, and a little glue on the centre of the flowers and some glitter.


The stamps and stencils are made by PinkFresh.    There is also a matching die - so there is a third and fourth option for a design, with or without the stamp.   I have yet to try this option.

I do apologise for the photos - had difficulty taking a photograph with a decent background - no doubt I should have scanned them but hopefully you can see the two options ok.   I must admit I rather like the first one without the stamped outline - much more delicate.   Perhaps next time I will choose a lighter coloured ink with the stamp.  It's all a matter of experimenting!


No comments: