Going Green Blog Background

Friday 12 February 2021

Another Heart Card




The photo doesn't do this justice - but that's the trouble with taking photos in the winter.   I was really pleased with the result.   It's not a valentines card, but in fact a card for a granddaughter who happens to have a birthday on that day.

The heat is a Clarity Stamp and comes with the word Love and matching masks.    The surround designs were made from a stencil in my stash (and confess I can't remember whose it was).

I started by stamping the word, and masked that off and stamped the heart.   I then coloured the letters using the same Artistry teal blue ink, which I water-coloured on.   I then applied glycerine to the letters with a paintbrush and embossed them with Wow clear embossing powder.   I repeated this progress, and ended up doing triple embossing to make the letters more raised.   I also did a little shading on the heart with a grey Polychromo pencil.

No comments: