Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 30 May 2021

Drawing - A Geranium


The drawing lessons continue.    This time it is a geranium - not too happy with the stalks for my leaves, but at least you can tell what it is supposed to be.   I never, ever, thought I would be able to draw flowers, but thanks to Lou Withers, I have been able to achieve reasonable result.

Many years ago, in my youth, I inherited a very old book full of botanical drawings of flowers. (It's  well over 100 years old - I have had it for at least 60 years and it was very old then!)  It is one of my treasured possessions.   I love it, and always wished I could draw like that.  I love flowers, and of course I have made many in sugar over the years.

I am even considering using the techniques I learned from this drawing of the geranium, to try and draw a hydrangea, as it is basically the same shape of blooms, the petals just being in fours rather than fives.

No comments: