Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 12 June 2021

Sometimes you have a bit of a disaster!


 



OK - so somedays things don't quite to plan.   I attempted this Zuri mold with "Plasta" - one part turned out ok.   but the other two parts broke when I took them out of the mold.   These two were made with just the powder and the special binder, and because it was too warm, I think it made it set too quickly.  the piece that remained in tact had water and binder.  (Lesson learned).  It was a particularly thin mold which probably didn't help.   I shall try again, and I will also make it in resin.    At least brushing the mold with mica powder first worked!

The large plaque was made using the left over mix from the cog pour, into which I sprinkled some black mica powder and swirled it.   I am sure I can use all the pieces to create an abstract so or "Time Team artefact find" collage!  So they won't go to waste!   Just a case of thinking outside the box, and pretend I have been on a Roman dig !!!

No comments: