Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 28 July 2021

Casting Compound Experiment


I tried a little play and an  experiment with the casting compound yesterday.  I created the mold shape by forming Hearty clay around a geode shaped mold, and "stamped" into it using various flower and leaf cutters.

I then coloured the casting compound to produce a pale olive green colour and poured it into the mold I had created.

When dry I painted it with acrylic paint (attempting to do a paint fusion technique).   It wasn't a complete success like the one I did pressing flowers into the clay) - but it was an experiment!   Also not helped by the fact that my dodgy eyes didn't want to play properly when I came to paint it.

Never mind you have to experiment to see what works and what doesn't.    I think it would be quite successful doing smaller pieces that could be turned into pendants, with just perhaps using one cutter, and then pouring resin over the top to finish them off.   I may attempt a thin resin topcoat over this as well.

No comments: