Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 19 September 2021

Messing about with MDF - work in progress


I have quite a bit of MDF in my stash, and in particular a whole lot of dream catchers, so I enjoyed te sun the other day and sat outside painting.  Not quite sure where I am going with this, but have made a start.

I confess the photo isn't that great and doesn't really show of the details properly, but basically the outer ring of "branches" have been painted in various shade of brown, and the leaves painted (am thining of putting the moss effect paint on those).   The centre part is painted in pink with silver gilding wax details - ditto the feathers.  The little flowers have been painted white with pink highlights.   I will probably apply Glossy Accents to these to make them more 3D.   I must then search my stash for suitable ribbon or threads to attach the feathers.   I still think it is lacking something, but no doubt inspiration will strike at some point.   (There are still a lot of elements in the kit to use!)

 

No comments: