Going Green Blog Background

Friday 10 September 2021

Plasta (Pouring Compound) Plaque


I had another go at creating a plaque with pouring compound.   As the previous one I made was created using a plastic mold for resin and was a tad thin, this time I created my own mold.

I rolled out some air dry clay into the size I wanted, then impressed the flowers and leaves;  laid it in a plastic meat tray that was due to go in the recycling bin, and created a "wall" around the edge.  I then pouted the compound in.  When set, I peeled off the clay, and then washed it under the tap to get rid of any small bits of clay.

There was glitter in the pouring compound, but not enough - so I brushed the back ground with Brushos, and painted and gilded the flowers and grasses, etc.   I then gave it a top coat of varnish to seal the dusted and painted part.
 

No comments: