Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 8 September 2021

Resin Astrolobe





Have you missed me?  I have finally found some mojo for crafting - must be the sunshine that has done that.   However, I although I have been playing with a few bits, I have been a bit lax in posting to the blog.  Hopefully I am going to make up for it over the next few days, as I have schedule some bits.

I finally managed to pour this mold - It has been my nemesis, as the first one I did in pouring compound broke, and then I mislaid the mold; and even when I came to put this together the little piece of platic that is supposed to go in the top indicator - only pinged off when I was putting it together and is nowhere to be found (serves me right for assembling it outside - no doubt I will find it in the wintr when the plants have died down!)

It was poured in various shade of green resin for the three sections, and then I applied silver and gold gilding wax to it.

I must confess Zuri molds are not my favourite - they are not that deep, so the finished piece can be a ta fragile. 

 

No comments: