Going Green Blog Background

Friday 24 December 2021

Crafting with a Granddaughter



My youngest granddaughter came to craft a few days ago, and I thought I would share this tote bag she painted of a frog and mushrooms.




She also did some tie-dyeing of some silk scarves for her mum and grandmother for Christmas.  (Apologies or the poor picture, but we forgot to take a photo of them before she wrapped them., but hopefully you can get the gist of the designs.)

They were died using the microwave method  - she really liked how quick it was.   The last time she did tie-dyeing was a few years back on holiday, when she did the technique on a T-shirt and we had to leave it in a plastic bag overnight to "prove" before rinsing it.   One and a half minutes in the microwave was all it took.   Downside - I had to iron it for her! - lol!

.... and on that note of Christmas presents,  I would like to wish all my readers the greetings of the Season - whether you say Happy Christmas, Happy Holidays or whatever.   Stay safe.

No comments: