Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 18 January 2022

Another I-pad holder

 


My daughter wanted another I-pad / phone holder for her desk at work.    She wanted another Terrazzo one.

I gather together all my left over bits of casting compound and gave them a good crushing until they were quite small and added them to the white casting compound.  Although there was a lot in there only some made it to the surface.   When the mold was set I gave it a goo sanding to reveal the "bits".
In hindsight I think I should also added a drop of resin to the mold first, albeit that wasn't what she asked for.  (Sometimes that gives a smoother finish).   I then pick out one of the colours in the terrazzo bits and edged the whole think with Craft Artist Mica Magic, which leaves a permanent shine and highlight.

To be honest the photo doesn't do it justice - the whole piece is much whiter and lighter in colour and the mica edging really sets it off.   Anyway - she was really pleased with it, and her phone or I-pad can be safely propped on her desk.   (Am wondering how many of her colleagues will now want one! 😃) - I may be making these for some time to come!)

Well that's me caught up with the Blog at the moment - hopefully there will be some more posts in the near future - at least of cards due for the end of the month.

No comments: