Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 5 February 2022

Experimenting with masks

 


The photo doesn't really do this card justice.  It is a really pretty faded colour effect.    I used the Studio Light Essential Mask No 81..  This was the first time I used them masks,  and was pretty pleased with the result.    The flowers are achieve by layering different masks over the top of each other, and each layer is numbered to make life easy.

I used pigment inks in various shades of blue and purple for the flowers, and a couple of shades of green and little blue for the leaves, using either a finger dauber sponge or one of the little brush blenders.   The card was Academia Drawing and Watercolour card.   I finished off by edging the card with blue and purple Mica Magic with a dauber and blending it into the card.

I have since tried another one of the masks using watercolors, but wasn't happy with the effect - so shall revert to the pigment inks, as the layering effect is much easier to achieve with them.   (Well it was for me!)

No comments: