Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 5 March 2022

Art and flowers cake

 





A cake to go with the card from yesterday (Excuse the rubbish photo - don't know why the top icing has come out yellow - it was white the same as the rest of the cake).

Very much out of my comfort zone with this cake, as I don't DO buttercream cakes as a rule.   The cake is a four layer gluten and dairy free, salted caramel flavour victoria sponge, with velvet vanilla dairy free buttercream".   The coating was an experimental "first" for me using a ganache kit. 

I also made some fishnet cake lace that went around the cake, on which I adhered the flowers, which were made from flower paste.  Also made from flower paste were the top flowers, the artist's palette and paintbrush, and the numbers and the name on the board. (It was the first time I have made the cake lace, albeit I did attempt some many many years ago when it first came on the market, and failed miserably.) 


Close up of the top of the cake

Thankfully the recipient loved it!

No comments: