Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 28 October 2017

Grandchildren's Pumpkin Carving

Heart Pumpkin by Miss T (aged 5)  - carved with a little help from me
Cow Pumpkin by Miss C (aged 8) - all her own work

Had a busy day yesterday, I had the youngest granddaughters for a couple of sleepovers, and we did some pumpkin carving.   They drew out their designs on paper, and then they transferred them to the pumpkins.  (I have to mention here that my son said to me the other day that he was sure I didn't use half the stuff in my kitchen cupboards and drawers - well just as well I never throw anything away as I had exactly the right tools for pumpkin carving and scooping out!!!!!!)  
I also have to add that I have never carved a pumpkin in my life - so they had to show me how to do it as I was helping the 5 year old!

OOps!
Poor Miss B - finished helping her sisters scoop out their pumpkins, and done her own, she managed to drop it - so we have given this the name Tim Peake (as he said when he was in space he used elastic bands to keep his uniform in place!)

So we sent out for another pumpkin and she redid hers:

Barbara the Pumpkin by Miss B (aged 11)
and finally in the evening, Miss B carved a pumpkin for her Dad.  He chose the design (originally he had wanted the ghostbusters logo, but it looked rather difficult to carve - so he chose a design similar to this, that looks a bit like the face of Slimer the ghost in ghostbusters   Didn't she do a fabulous job!

Slimer the ghost by Miss B (aged 10)

If you want to know what I did ........ come back tomorrow!

No comments: