Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 29 October 2017

My Pumpkin - a Different Take!


As I said a different effect.  I had thought I would buy a white pumpkin, but they had sold out, and the grandchildren bought me an orange one (which was a nice surprise.  So last night I prepared it whilst Miss B was carving her Dad's pumpkin.   (I had made the three holes earlier with an apple corer)/

I applied white gesso to start with, and in hindsight as I decided to go with Pebeo blue/black iridescent paint, I should have opted for black gesso. (Hindsight is such a great thing - lol!).  So this morning I had to give it another coat.

I will also confess here that I originally left the mask area white. but as I was actually painting the pumpkin upside down when applying the gesso and blue/black - the mask was upside down - duh - fortunately I realised this last night, and painted over it!

Once the girls had gone home today, I sat quietly and painted the mask, which was mainly freehand, using deco paints, fine-line markers, pebeo markers and some cardio-stamps and distress oxides for some of the small flowers ane leaves.

I then used the Pebeo deco paints for the flowers and leaves, using the paint fusion technique, with some detail added with pebeo marker pens in white and black.

Another view 1

Another view 2

Another view 3

Th top

Hopefully what it will look like with a light in it

Quite pleased with the effect - I was originally going to dry and print the mask on tissue paper and decoupage it - but decided to have a go at freehand paint it.  (Those that know me will realise I am not very good at freehand drawing/painting so quite chuffed with my effort).

No comments: