Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 1 May 2018

A bit of Grunge - work in progress

Well with the recent miserable weather I have been going a bit stir crazy with cabin fever.  How unkind to tempt us with the lovely weather a week or so ago, and now it is back to mid-winter.   It has been so dark as well which is not conducive for crafting.  (Added to which I treated myself to a dining table and chairs recently and just don't want to risk messing them up - lol!)

Anyway as I couldn't get outside and do the painting that I wanted to, I did some "tidy" painting indoors - well perhaps tidy isn't the word as my inner grunge seemed to appear and quite a different sort of crafting for me.



As mentioned in the title these are work in progress,    Had fun with the MDF, using crackle paint and distressing with oxides,  I also stamped some images, and the flowers were embossed and then coloured with alcohol pens.   Looking forward to doing some more effects on it as the mood takes me.


The second item is the start of my Art Journal.  I had been a bit scared of starting it - what do I do?   Well having watched a demo by John Lockwood, and purchased a couple of items, I decided to play with what I had seen demo'ed and went from there.  Basically I was playing with oxides a leaf media plate and some feather stamps.  The page on the right was the excess from the brayer.

I then got carried away and added some stencil effects and on the right hand page I also experimented with different embossing powders.   I shall add more to these  - ok they look a mess at the mo, but I am told that you just keep going until you are happy with the result.



So watch this space as they say .... I may share more as the develop.   At least it whiled away a miserable day.

No comments: