Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 3 May 2018

Sunshine again and more Paint Fusion





A pal fell in love with the makeovers I did of my hanging baskets and planters, and I volunteered to do some for her.   These were actually new orangey brown plastic.

I painted the planters with the black sparkle paint, and then painted the rose and leaves freehand, as well as the little rose decoration around the base.  As I wanted to ensure that the daisies were a consistent size, I actually used a daisy stamp and stamped with watered down white acrylic paint first for a faint outline as a guide.   The daisies were first painted in a light blue-lilac and then white, and then the centres were painted.

Finally a quick spray of Spray and Shine to seal the paint.

The three finished planters

work in progress the first rose

Showing the outline of the daisies before painting

No comments: