Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Birthday Cake by four granddaughters



I had to share this birthday cake that my four granddaughters iced for me and my son-in-law for our birthday bbq over the weekend.

It was a complete surprise.  The hid themselves away in my son's kitchen for about an hour and all took a quarter of the cake and decorated it.   I am not sure who iced which bit, although I think the bottom left hand corner ws iced by the 9 year old (with N & P  being for Nanny and Paul).  and apparently I had to have a pearl necklace.

I love the "paint drips" on the side of the cake - very "on trend".  So basically an "arty" cake for me plus flowers as my son-in-law and I are both fairly keen gardeners.   Didn't they do well.

I also need to share the words my 6 year old granddaughter wrote in her card to me  (apparently all her own words with no prompting):  "Have an amazing day.  Love your art work.  Keep on going. Lots of love from T"   (There will be no stopping that girl now that she can read and write).


No comments: