Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 4 August 2018

Folk Art Jug/Pitcher

Photo taken in the sun

I fell in love with this "jug" in Wilkos the other week    It just spoke to me and said "buy me".  I just knew it would look great with some painted decoration on it.

As you know if you follow me, I like the "paint fusion" style of folk art;  but I really wanted to get to grips with proper barge painting.  I purchased a little book explaining how to do it this week, so there was no excuse - in at the deep end so to speak.  Today was the day!

I didn't do a practise piece, having already known how to do the basic brush strokes - it was the roses I needed to learn and master.

same jug - photo taken in the shade.
(Hopefully showing detail more clearly)

I am really pleased with how it turned out for a first attempt.  It is quite a different technique to the paint fusion I normally do, albeit the brush strokes are basically the same.  Hopefully with practise I will get better.  However a friend really liked it and I have promised that if she buys a jug I will paint it for her!

PS:  I was really supposed to be finishing off painting an MDF barge that I built for myself.   (more of that anon  -  when I have got around to finishing it!)

No comments: