Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Purple birdhouse


I had a pal visiting for a few days last week, and she loved my earlier birdhouse.  Well there were two in the kit. so I offered to make her one.   I asked what colour she would prefer and she said purple.

Well I took a bit of artistic licence with the purple, and used a couple of shades.  I also know teal is another favourite colour, so I made some roses and leaves from GMM air dry clay.  I also battled with that perishing butterfly die and managed to cut one out, and painted that too.  She is also a steampunk fan, so whilst looking for the veiner for the leaves, I discovered my Katy Sue cogs mold, and made a few clay cogs, and painted those with Cosmic Shimmer patina paints.

My pal also loves Pebeo DYNA paints, so I felt they had to be incorporated, and applied this to rood, which had had fibre paste roughly applied to it.   Her favourite favourite DYNA is blue/black - so I painted the stand with that!

Having thought that I had finished it and taking the photo above, I realised that it needed a little more decoration .... so the Nuvo drops came out!


No comments: