Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 5 July 2018

Paint pouring with a difference



I have had some old eucalyptus logs for a while, and they have been calling to me to do something to them.   Obviously I have had to wait for them to season, and with this recent spell of hot weather, I decided they were dry enough to do something with them.

First of all I painted them with Crystal Glitter paint and then I did some paint pouring on them with Pebeo Vitrail and then Pebeo Moon and Prismé paints.  I literally just poured the paints randomly over them and let them do their ow thing.   I did use a kebab stick to mix a few of the colours into each other, and then splodged some of the colours around the edge at the end with a paintbrush.

The really look good in real life with an "enamelled" finish to them.    The grandchildren will now be able to sit on them and toast their marshmallow over the firepit!

The picture below show them last year.  (As regular readers of the blog will be aware the poor old useless chiminea has been recycled as a fairy house and now resides up the garden in a flower bed.)



No comments: