Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 13 September 2018

Introducing MDF Tim - Spaceman



My latest project is complete -  MDF Tim Peake (as requested by my daughter).

view of one arm

view of second arm

back


sitting

I had a guide from a picture of a lego Tim, and also some pictures of Tim's space suit.   I had an inspiration for his hair - I modelled it using FMM Air Dry Clay - this proved a brilliant idea, as it can be removed.    When dry the hair was painted with various shades of brown, etc.

Work in  Progress - Face added with Posca Pens


I used Craft Artist to design his "clothes"  - taking the badges in and re-sizing them.  I created some zips.  I also took his name badge from his space suit, and then redrew it using a couple of elements from the real one (i.e. clasps etc.)  Having checked sizes by printing on copy paper and adjusting as necessary, I had intended to print them on rice paper, but my printer didn't want to play .... and then by chance I found some printable clear adhesive sheets in my stash - Result!

Picture of Tim's space suit for comparison.


If you would like to build and paint your own MDF brick man - you can find him (or her if you want to paint it as a girl) at Clevercut.co.uk.








No comments: