Going Green Blog Background

Friday 14 September 2018

Small Trinket Box


box and lid

another view with lid resting on top of box

I introduced you to a couple of Windsor Trinket boxes the other week, as work in progress: and I have now finished painting the half windsor - a lovely little twelve-sided box.   (The maker is Candy Box Crafts and it is first time I have made up one of their items.  Instructions are very basic but easy to follow.  The lid design makes for a perfect fit).

The detail on the side is created by stamping on black card with a John-next-door stamp with Nuvo clear, and then embossing with Cosmic Shimmer True White embossing powder.   The rest of the box was painted with Hobbycraft Mars Black acrylic paint, with Titanium White for the handle.  (I had originally planned to painted the box gold and use gold embossing powder, but I didn't like any of my gold powders, so, I decided to go with a faux black and white wedgewood look.

I am now trying to decide whether to do the large box in the same style or go with a different colour with painted detail on it.  I am leaning toward the latter.

No comments: