Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 25 November 2018

Christmas Ornaments


Ornament 1 


A friend and her daughter liked the ornaments that I had made recently that they asked if I could make some for them.   More MDF kits duly purchased and I proceeded to create two personalised gifts.
Ornament 1
They were personalised to their specification 

Ornament 2

Ornament 2
I had such fun painting these.   Everything was covered in white gesso and then the trees had distress oxides sponged on to the edges.   The deers and signposted were painted with Amsterdam acrylics.   The snow detail etc was created using Luv Crafts Let It Snow.


The base was painted with white acrylic paint and then Luv Crafts Puff Paste was applied thinly with a palette knife and "roughed up" which when heated up puffed up to give the looks of snow.  I then sprayed the base with a little water and sprinkled some Ultra Thick Embossing powder on and heated that up to make the snow "glisten".

Finally I painted baubles with the words chosen, and the year, with Posca pens; and added more Let It Snow..   Next year they can add a bauble of their choice or get me to paint one with next year's date on it! - lol!

No comments: