Going Green Blog Background

Thursday 20 December 2018

Hand- painted Birthday Card



A little experiment today.   It's a friend's birthday on Christmas Eve and he is male - so as far as I am concerned one of those difficult cards.  I could have created something in Craft Artist, but I had a little inspiration, and thought I would try and paint a little scene.

I cut the canvas sheet to the size I wanted (4" square) did my little painting.  I then found a square die that was slightly larger and cut out the aperture from the card.   ()I wasn't sure how well the canvas painting would stick to the card, so I cut a piece of paper to fit the card and stuck the canvas on to that, and then stuck the piece of paper to the inside of the card front - yay it worked.  I then found a sentiment in my stash  (I do tend to forget I have these sometimes !) 

The card looks so effective in real life - the photo hasn't really done it justice ( and of course the shadow from the camera "handle" is not there either !)

No comments: