Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 6 January 2019

MDF Mixed Media ATC Card 1)

#

Now that Christmas is over I can focus on playing again.   I have bee playing with my mdf ATC cards that I received as random act of kindness from Lou Withers.  (you may remember that I decorated the box and one side of one card a couple of months ago).

Inspired by Lou I wanted to play with the Amsterdam Pearl Medium and my Pinata inks.  I had also prepared some egg shells, as I loved the effect they gave on the little drawer unit I made.

I spread the Pearl Medium on the card and added the egg shells, and then a little more pearl medium, and then added random drops of the inks whilst it was still wet.   When it had dried I added a little touch of pebeo gilding wax.

I also recently invested in Craft Artist Flower Modelling Foam - wow love this stuff.  I die cur some flowers  and leaves with John Next Door dies.   I coloured the m slightly with some ink pads and shaped them.  (I haven't tried heating the foam yet, but it is on my todo list to try). I added a gem and some Nuvo drops to the centre   I then used an Imagination Crafts stencil on black card with Nuvo clear and added white detail embossing powder.  Rather than cut it out with a straight edge, once embossed I cut it out around the letters

Really pleased with how the experiment turned out - really shines in real life - although I have sprayed it with Crafter Companion spray and shine since taking the photo.

No comments: