Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Mixed Media mdf ATC Card 3)


I started off with black gesso on this card..  I then used an Imagination Crafts feather stencil and applied Cosmic Shimmer Frosted Blossom crackle paste.  Being impatient I dried it with my heat tool - erm slight mistake - or is that happy error - it bubbled !    Undeterred when dry I went over it again with Cosmic Shimmer Crackle paste in Frosted Heather and let it dry naturally,  I also used another part of the stencil with the clear Ranger Emboss It Dabber and added some gilding flakes (albeit you can't really see those as they are under the flower.  I then added gold gilding wax to the edges of the card and over the stencilled feather.

I made another flower, leaves and gypsophila with some of John Next Door dies and The Flower Modelling foam. again colouring them slightly with ink pads and adding Nuvo drops to the centre of the flower and the end of the gyp.

Finally, as I didn't have a suitable stamp or stencil, I freehand wrote the word Fleur in White Posca pen and outlined it with a black Poscas pen.


The three ATC cards


No comments: