Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 1 January 2019

Something a little diferent

Over the weekend, the family came over for a meal, and play card games, and play with the 3D printer (more on that tomorrow).

We were going to teach my eldest granddaughter Canasta, and we need to refresh our memories on the rules - well I had remembered them but my daughter and son-in-law weren't too sure.  Undaunted I said I will get the Hoyle's Games book from the bookcase, and we will look up the rules.    Erm not a lot of use as my edition is very old (the 1863 edition or 1883 - I couldn't quite make out the date). and apparently Canasta wasn't invented until 1939!   oops!


The book

However, what I didn't know was that there was an inscription inside the book "Kate from Grandpapa February 19th 1888"  !   Gosh I didn't know that was in there.  I have no idea where the book came from - I haven't found a Katie in my family tree yet.   I seem to think the book belonged to my parents, or might even have belonged to my husband's family - we have had it "forever" so I have no idea.   It might even have been a purchase from a jumble sale - who knows - but it won't be thrown away that's for sure.

The inscription

No comments: