Going Green Blog Background

Friday 1 February 2019

MDF Box/Shelves


I haven't felt like crafting for a while I seemed to have lost my mojo since I had my eye op - no reason as I can see so much better, but I was supposed to take it easy and not do anything strenuous for at least four weeks - so no gardening etc so I seem to have gone into hibernation mode.for the past week and a half.  However I did apply this paper to this little box the other day, and yesterday I actually felt like doing something to it.

This little box could be stood on its end to make shelves, but I wanted it as a container.



Now pink is not a colour I craft with often, albeit I have a lot of pink in my house!  However, this was the first piece of paper in my stash of freebie papers that I cam across and decided to use that.  As you can see I "grunged it up a bit with inks - mainly Nuvo for the distressing and some gesso mixed with IndigoBlu Luscious powders (particularly for the inside) and then a bit applied at the end on the sides.  I also used a black Nuvo ink pad for the stamping, which was mainly done with IndigoBlu "stitched" stamps, but I also used some Imagination Crafts stencils too.


The flowers were coloured with Ecoline brush pens, and a some of the words enhanced with the same as well as the edge of the box



Here are some more views, and a close up of the inside, which was also stamped with more of the IndigoBlu stitched stamps.  I also created a "wood panel" effect using an old membership card and grey Nuvo ink which I then blended out with water.



Finally I have a little tray to keep some of the bottles on my desk tidy!


Watch this space for other versions of the trays as the kit contained two large trays and two small ones

No comments: