Going Green Blog Background

Friday 8 March 2019

Blue Trug


It started off like this.  I painted the trug with Pebeo blue./black Dyna paint  I then found a couple of my old Sheena stamps in my stash and stamped the images on the lids.  Outline with relief paint and then filled in with various Pebeo ceramic, moon and prismé paints.   The flowers were painted with a pink ceramic and turquoise and pearl moon and prismé colours   The leaves were done with pink ceramic, and two shades of green fantasy paints.   I then added a little sparkle vitrail over the top in places,to both the leaves and the flower,  and added a few more details with the relief pain to the flowers.t.

another view, depending on the light the background
paint changes colour

I then commenced painting the sides.  I decided to do a "paint fusion" or folk art painting.  (This is when you double load the brush with two or more colours).   I stamped another Sheena stamp in the centre in white embossing ink.  Painted the flowers and leaves with Pebeo Deco paints (these are a little thinner than normal Pebeo acrylics and are superb for this technique).  I used blue, pink and white for the flowers, with yellow and a smidgen of green for the centres: and two shades of green and white for the leaves.   I then went over the whole thing with white relief paint and added some details.

close up of central flower

I then freehand painted a couple of roses (blue and white)  and leaves, again added a little relief details to them, finally I painted  white dots with the end of a white paint brush.
first side painted
I then painted the other side and the two ends freehand as before - using a slightly larger brush.

one end


t'other end
and here are a few more views - the other side and one at an angle


the other side


long side, sloped side

I really enjoyed this as it is along time since I had my Pebeo Fantasy and Deco paints out. and am pleased with the result.  Hope you agree it looks pretty.

No comments: