Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 6 March 2019

"Wicker" Trug/Basket

I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to decorate this little basket shape.  I then had the idea of trying to make it look like  wicker basket.   I decided to use a technique used in cake decorating of a basket weave.  Now in cake decorating this is done with icing and a nozzle.  Erm maybe not a good idea to use a nozzle and ruin it - so I experimented with Golden Fiber Paste and a fork. (I think it has worked!)

It was then painted with Pebeo Yellow Ochre and when dry overbrushed with Pebeo Dyna Irredescent Precious Gold.

The centre handle and the insides were painted with  various shades of brown, yellow and cream colours to create a wood effect.

I was originally going to decorate it with some flowers, but had the idea of making some straps as "hinges" for the lids.  I created these from Hearty Soft air dry clay and used the Katy Sue strap mould  painted in various browns and the metal parts highlighted with Pebeo Guiding Wax  



The top


a couple more views


No comments: