Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 9 June 2019

A Giant Geode

I am a bit in love with Geodes at the moment, and as I had a large (18" diameter polystyrene "canvas" sitting in the Den for the past couple of years or so, waiting for me to do something with it, I decided now was the time to do something with it.

So this is work in progress at the moment and a little teaser.




As I want the Geode to go in the garden, I used White Powertex and an old pillow case to cover the base and rolled up strips to create the shapes.   I added glass beads to the centre and various sizes of Powertex balls to the other two sections that I have done so far.

I haven't quite decided how I want to do the outride section and rim, I am thinking a rough finish to the rm using cut up dish cloth, and maybe more glass beads or some structure past or similar around the top edge.  We shall see ........ watch this space!

No comments: