Going Green Blog Background

Saturday 29 June 2019

Mandala



Another MDF kit from my stash.  I confess I don't know the manufacturer - it might have been Olifantjie, I can't remember and there was no clue on the packaging!

The design reminded me of the rose window at Westminster Abbey - so that was my inspiration.

The mandala section was painted with pumice past to give it a "stone" texture, and was painted with paynes grey mixed with white gesso and with some Pebeo cream dry brushed over the top.

The back had white gesso applied, and then I traced a rough guide to the sections on to it.  I then painted the "rings" with Pebeo Dyna iridescent paints, which I then applied UTEE to for a really glazed look.

The flowers were painted with various pebeo paints amd sp,e Nuvo drops were added to the centres


No comments: