Going Green Blog Background

Monday 15 July 2019

Finished Piano


Here is the finished piano, complete with its flower arrangement.   The flowers are made from air dry clay - mainly using FMM paste, but also a little Hearty Clay.   I made the roses and leaves in white paste and then dusted them with cake decorating powder colours.  As I wanted a softer effect instead of making the gypsophila from clay, I used some dried gyp from my stash.  I have had this for over 20 years from my cake decorating days, and although it was in a dark place under the stairs it had aged a tad.  Undaunted as a crafter I dry brush it with a bit of white gesso to bring it back to life.  (I have now ordered more - so I will remake the arrangement in due course).

another view


The flowers and leaves before and after they were dusted


No comments: