Going Green Blog Background

Tuesday 2 July 2019

Something a bit different



Men's card can be so difficult - well they are for me!    I bought this set of  AALL & CREATE stamps at Farnborough back in the spring as I thought it would be a good one for backgrounds in  journals.  However, I decided to try and use it on a birthday card, as I have a crafting friend who is  into steampunk  etc.  OK it's not exactly steampunk, but I went with it anyway.  I stamped the white cardstock with the larger stamp as a background, and then die-cui a square with the Clarity picot square dies, and stamped the other image onto that and embossed it.  (I used Nuvo Poppy Red for both)  I then used a dauber to go around the edges of the square and card with the same ink pad, and I used some Nuvo Warm Grey which I watered down to paint around the outside of the centre square, with a paintbrush once it was stuck down, to create a shadow.   I used the same Grey with a dauber to go around the edge of the card to tie in the background.   Finally a sentiment in red was cut from red pearlescent  card.

It was a complete experiment and quite out of my normal comfort zone, but I am pleased with the finished result and the faux 3D effect around the central square.

(For info when I made the insert I used the smaller Indigoblu Golden Ratio stamp as well).

No comments: