Going Green Blog Background

Monday 19 August 2019

3D Printing - Fun Day


My daughter and eldest granddaughter called round this afternoon to use the 3D printer. 

My daughter wanted to create some cookie cutters.   The first two pictures show the sloth cutter and the Pi cutter in progress.




and here are the finished results:



Well we had to make some cookies didn't we to try the cutters out:



My daughter then made an Escher style cutter, and again we had to try them out.   I also cut out some shapes from air dry clay.

Escher cookies , vanilla and chocolate.


Escher air dry clay shapes, coloured with inks.


Finally my daughter attempted a Lithophane of one of her photos of Tim Peake with Crochet Tim.



 I think the Lithophane is fab.   she is going to try it again using a negative print.

We had a great afternoon.   Whilst the printer was working (it takes a while sometimes) I played with an idea in my art journal and I will share that tomorrow.

No comments: