Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 18 August 2019

Just messing about in the Art Journal



This first image was a clear up page from the Bee picture I did the other day - i.e. cleaning up the brayer and the stamp.

A chance remark about journals by Lou Withers made me look at it again.  She commented that if you look at a journal in portrait, it often looks like a school book, but turn it landscape and it becomes an art journal

So I turned it round:



and what did I see some sort of animal - possible a cow or pig or ram.


I played about with it and added more paint and drew some lines.   (Unfortunately I because of the time of day and the light I couldn't see the yellow pearlescent paint at the bottom of the page - so add a bit more - made move).  I hadn't realised until I looked at the photos I took before I added the extra paints and lines that it was there - I will learned - take a photo before proceeding!

I can't draw eyes - so I used a stamp and added a few more lashes to it!


I continued to mess about with it - probably not a good move, and added some doodling.  OK so not a brilliant outcome, but it certainly bore out the theory of turning the orientation of the page around, and discovering what you could see!   So here is my pig/cow picture - you decide!

1 comment:

Jan said...

What a fab project x Jan