Going Green Blog Background

Sunday 8 December 2019

MDF Christmas Ornaments


I am really pleased with how these Bizarre-ology kits turned out.  I knew exactly how I wanted them to look.

Having built all the pieces, I gave them all a coat of white gesso, and then some white acrylic paint.  I then took a blue Artistry Ink pad and daubed them with a sponge.

The base of the hanging pear shape was covered with Imagination Crafts Icy Snow paste, so that the scene elements would stick and not fall about if knocked.   I also added some Amsterdam Pearl Medium over the top to make the snow "glisten", and this was also added randomly to the scene elements, and to the base of the hanging unit.

The river effect was created using Golden High Solid Gel Gloss, to which some transparent blue acrylic had been added, and then sprinkled with Cosmic Shimmer Diamond Frost.



The following pictures were taken before I finished off the base unit and applied varnish, but hopefully show the sparkle better.





No comments: