Going Green Blog Background

Wednesday 29 January 2020

Brick Men Part 1


standing



As regular followers will know I have been a bit quiet on the blog recently, and that is because I have been working on a couple of secret projects for my daughter's birthday.

There was a special offer on MDF models etc recently on a friend's website.   I said I didn't need anything and my daughter said she was thinking of buying a couple as she fancied a Dr Who and a Harry Potter figure.  Thankfully she forgot to order them ...... but I had duly noted her wish and I bought them and have been secretly building and painting them over the past few weeks.    Fortunately for me (but not her) she has been quite ill, and hasn't visited quite so much recently, so I only had a couple of mad panics to hide them when she visited unexpectedly!.


sitting
The model kits are from Stamps Away.  I painted them using various makes of acrylic pain and Posca pens.  I added some collars using card, and also a cravat using scrunched up tissue.   I also knitted the scarf -now that is a feat in itself as I hate knitting (and as my daughter remarked when I gave her the model - "ah, that is why your knitting bag was out the other week!).   I created the hat and the hair from air dry clay, as well as the sonic screwdriver,   Yes I did my research on The fourth Dr Who, and discovered what his sonic screwdriver looked like!

I even amazed myself when I painted his face as I think it actually looks like Tom Baker - more by luck than judgement I confess!

No comments: